Friday, November 21, 2014

The Charley Takeover


I've stayed a few nights this week at Dockweiler State Park. It's right on the beach and doesn't really feel so much like it's in the city. However, it is on the LAX flight path and there are jets constantly taking off overhead. Luckily I sleep well most of the time and it was all right.

I'm STILL waiting for an insurance adjuster to come look at the motorhome to authorize payment for repairs. My sister finally talked me into staying at her apartment. She shares the place with her Persian father-in-law, who is fairly traditional, and dogs are not traditionally welcome in the home. However, he seems to be warming up to Charley. We started with my visit last spring, when Charley stayed out on the patio or in the kennel in the garage. With this visit, there's no garage, so the kennel came into the apartment. My sister, who is a devoted dog lover, kept breaking him loose and her father-in-law would coax him to get up on his hind legs and dance. This time, the kennel isn't even set up now and the dog just about has the run of the house. Cute can get you far in this life.

I'll be in LA for at least a week more, through Thanksgiving. Then we plan to head towards San Diego for a visit with our niece. The weather's been great - the traffic not so much. Thankfully I'm not on a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment