Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!


Today will both feel like a traditional and a non-traditional Thanksgiving for me. Non-traditional because I'm in a warm-weather location where the temp is forecast to be 82, I don't have to fix anything for dinner, and the family I'll be with is the extended family of my sister, Michelle. I'm betting I'll need to sneak peeks at my phone for updates on the Seahawks game. But still traditional, since there will be a feast and they will treat me like family.

Yesterday we went to Attari, which is like the Meconi's of Persian food in L.A. There are numerous "Best of..." articles posted on the walls, and they are known for their sandwiches and soups. The chicken sandwich and Osh soup I tried were really good. They make soups like none other I've seen though, and I won't get up the courage to soups that use parts of an animal that I didn't even know people will eat.

One place I'd keep going back to and be willing to try one of everything, is Sprinkles, the cupcake shop. I had no intention of using the Cupcake ATM, but when they were sold out of the Salted Caramel in the store and said they may have one in the ATM still (how ridiculous does that sound?), I had to try it. Yum!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!


Update: They DO have the game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment