Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Rainy Day in Halifax

 


I didn’t take many photos of Halifax today because this is what they all would look like. And it was so wet out, my cell phone camera started malfunctioning. One thing you don’t see from this pic is the 3” of water on the ground all along the waterfront so my feet were squishy wet all afternoon.

There are still a large number of power outages in this area. The hotel that I’d reserved a room at across the inlet in Dartmouth still didn’t have power so I called around and ended up with a pricy room right in Halifax near the Citadel. At least tomorrow’s weather is supposed to be much nicer for my road trip down the coast south of here

Yesterday I had a nice relaxing day in Wolfville. I drove around wine country, checked out a couple wineries that I’d read about, and had dinner at a brewery in a former church building.

Luckett Vineyards has a beautiful view of its vineyards, the local farmlands, and out further, the sea.
In the middle of their vineyard, near the tasting room and restaurant is an old British phone booth. 
The phone worked until recently, and they allowed guests to make calls.



Church Brewery in Wolfville


No comments:

Post a Comment