Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Home of Anne of Green Gables

 


Victoria Lighthouse, Prince Edward Island

Hooray! I’ve finally made it to one of my three East Coast destinations! My goal is to explore Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and coastal Maine, including Acadia National Park. PEI is lovely, as advertised. Rolling hills of farmland, red bluffs overlooking the sea, and charming homes and buildings. I can’t even count the number of white houses with green gables. Or the cute steepled churches.


Thunder Cove Beach (tide wasn’t low enough to make it around the corner to see Teacup Rock)

Cape Tryon Lighthouse


Unfortunately, news is that Hurricane Fiona is likely to affect the area in the next couple days. Doesn’t sound like anything catastrophic here, but we’ll see if that affects my planned (and prepaid) ferry crossing Saturday morning. At the very least, I think today was the only day I’ll have dry weather here. The red dirt roads are already a mess from earlier rain - glad I’m not driving a tiny rental car or a big motor home.


1 comment:

  1. So Happy You are having a great time!!! Great Pictures!!! Happy Travels!!! ❤️🍁🐶🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete