Friday, September 23, 2022

Hurricane Update - Friday Night

Saturday’s ferry crossings have been canceled so now I’ll plan to use the bridge and drive around. I was able to cancel my hotel reservation for Saturday night at no cost - it seems highly unlikely I will be able to get to Baddeck, Nova Scotia tomorrow. Everyone I’ve spoken with expects the bridge to get off Prince Edward Island to be closed. I’ve also asked around to learn how to get info about road closures so hopefully I can stay put until the route is drivable. PEI has a wonderful network of visitors centers providing information.

Right now (Friday, almost 8 pm) it’s just been rainy and windy. It’s supposed to kick up overnight. Waiting and watching, and staying dry in a comfortable room. I figure I’ll try to go to sleep early in case I wake up to howling winds in a few hours.

Thankfully my route to the bridge won’t take me on any more red dirt roads. They’re already a mess - I can’t imagine how bad they are right after a spring thaw. They’re so notable one company makes shirts dyed with the red dirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment