Friday, September 23, 2022

Hurricane Warning for Prince Edward Island


Covehead Lighthouse



St. Peters Harbour Lighthouse

Charley and I walked the lovely Greenwich Dune Trail, which included a long floating section of “trail” across a pond


The East Point Lighthouse was getting some maintenance


The lighthouse at Skmaqn-Port-La-Joey-Fort Amherst National Historic Site


More lighthouse photos from Prince Edward Island. 😊

With Hurricane Fiona forecasted to affect the island later today, I’ve been forced to revise some plans and be prepared and flexible for the next couple days. I’m in Charlottetown, but thankfully not right downtown, where flooding might occur. My motel’s uphill and there aren’t big trees close. It looks pretty safe.

I spent extra time yesterday driving around looking at the sights, knowing that conditions won’t be good for that this afternoon. It’s unlikely that the ferry crossing I have a reservation for tomorrow morning will run, and I’ve downloaded the app to know when/if the bridge closes. If I need to spend another night here, that’ll be okay. Conditions aren’t likely to be better anywhere else within driving distance from here. So I’ll stay put and stay safe as long as I need to.


No comments:

Post a Comment