Thursday, September 29, 2022

Extreme Tides at Hopewell Rocks

I’m in the Moncton, New Brunswick area and visited the Bay of Fundy today. The Bay of Fundy sees the highest tides in the world. There were two provincial parks on the Bay of Fundy that I wanted to visit. The first is Burntcoat Head Park in Nova Scotia, where the tide rise is the most extreme. But that park sustained sufficient damage from Hurricane Fiona that it’s been closed all week - due to open tomorrow (Friday). The park I visited today was Hopewell Rocks, which sees high tides of up to 46’ (today’s was 43’).

I got there a couple hours after low tide so I could get down onto the beach. I brought some snacks for lunch and a book and hung out for the day so I could see the rock formations at both low and high tides. It made for a nice, relaxing day.

View from the top viewing deck when I arrived near low tide

Same rocks from the same location at high tide

A tower of stairs takes you down onto the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment