Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Texas Bar-B-Que


I can't believe I've been in Texas eight days before finally getting to a place to have BBQ. Tonight I went to Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX, a bit outside of Austin. I learned about it after reading someone else's travel blog and it was definitely a good stop. There's even an old campground right across the highway so I was able to just stay and walk over.

Something I didn't know beforehand is that it's BYOB. Most people were prepared and you'd notice them bringing a small cooler in. For the unprepared or those who just like to try the local offerings, they have a winery on-site at a different building where they sold wine and local beer that you could bring over to the restaurant.

Charley's been a happy dog today. There wasn't anyone else in the campground earlier, so he enjoyed the run of the place, running through the dry leaves and down to Onion Creek. The rib bone that came back from dinner sealed the deal.

Next: Planning to drive in to Austin tomorrow and stay there several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment