Sunday, January 25, 2015

Remembering

Today marks a year since Steve's death. I can't say how many times I've seen something that makes me wish we were enjoying it together, or that I could at least tell him because I know he'd get a kick out of it. People doing something amazing (or ridiculous); an old car, truck or tractor; people out enjoying the water; a restaurant where they cook shellfish right in front of you at the bar....

I miss him. We were fortunate to have many years together and a good relationship. He'd think this cross-country trip of mine is crazy, but he wouldn't be entirely shocked (except maybe that I quit my job). He wanted me to stop working early so we could enjoy retirement together, and we'd been saving so that might be possible. I'm sorry Steve didn't live long enough to get that. To me, it reinforces the idea that you should "seize the day."

In fond memory and with love,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment