Friday, January 23, 2015

Almost at the Beach Again!

One reason I was in Austin so long is because I had some mechanical trouble with the motorhome (though I still didn't get to all the recommended restaurants on my list). At first it was thought to be an exhaust manifold leak, but then they realized the big problem was that the turbo had gone out. All fixed now.

I knew when I bought a 7-year-old motorhome and then drove it across the country, I'd better budget well for maintenance and repair. And this has been my reality. Almost the worst thing, though, is that I was in another Post Office parking lot today, and another vehicle almost backed into me! I had to honk to get their attention. I'm not sure what would have happened had I not been looking in my mirrors at the time. I'm going to try to stay clear of the PO parking lots from now on.

From Austin, I was headed to Galveston, but the weather has stalled me a bit. Yesterday and today have been rainy and windy, and more so at the Gulf. I decided why pay the premium RV site prices on the island only to have worse weather? So I stopped in Brenham, TX last night and on the edge of Houston in the Sugar Land area tonight. Now I'm looking out my little sunroof at the moon and should see good weather for the next 3-4 days in Galveston.

I've got my RV site reservations at a beach-side park in town where I should be able to walk to the sights, and I bought a ticket for tomorrow night's annual Oak Ridge Boys concert at The Grande 1894 Opera House (not usually my thing, but "when in Rome....") The weather forecast is for sun, and I'm ready for the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment