Sunday, April 6, 2014

Joshua Tree


My pictures don't do it justice, but Joshua Tree National Park was beautiful and rugged. I've been amazed around the Palm Desert/Palm Springs area how different the terrain has been, with changes almost around the bend.
 
I started the day's adventures on the Palm Springs aerial tram.
 

Just outside of Palm Springs, the drive to the valley tram station takes you to an elevation of 2,643 feet. The tram itself takes you up above 8,500 feet, with an incredible view of the Palm Springs valley, desert area and surrounding hills.
 
I'm financially committed to more travel and seeing more national parks now. I bought an annual pass, figuring it's not much more expensive than the entry fee for all the places I want to stop at on this trip. Here are a couple more photos from Joshua Tree.
 
 
This formation is called "Skull Rock." It's creepy looking into its vacant eyes.
Tonight:  Spending two nights at Super 8 Motel in Lake Havasu City. I've got more driving thru the desert and seeing national parks that I want to do, but it seems like a good idea to break it up a little.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment