Sunday, February 14, 2016

Goodbye to the Keys

After four-and-a-half relaxing weeks in the Florida Keys, I'm headed back to the mainland. It's been wonderful. I've kayaked a lot, tried stand-up paddleboarding a couple times, got bit by a fish, and met a lot of people here. Key Largo is a great place to paddle because there are a lot of protected "trails" that are closed to motorized traffic.



You can head out for a short paddle or a long one, but the real interesting view is looking into the water at the fish, because the trails all pretty much look like this, surrounded by the mangrove:


At the campground, I had a lizard friend at my site:



Charley liked the close quarters here, so he could snoop on the neighbors. (I prefer more space and privacy, personally).

All in all, it's been a great stay in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment